1/27/2013

New Contest - Win Seeds and Prizes!

Win a Kitchen Garden Collection!
Today, Feb 1 - Read the comments to see who won the packets of garden seed. If you are a winner, send me an email with your name and mailing address so I can get them in the mail. Thanks to all who entered!


You have several chances to win in either of two contests. In the first contest, I'm offering Renee Shepherd's Kitchen Garden Collection for containers. Each packet contains a packet each of Super Bush Container Tomatoes, Romeo Round Container Carrots, Garden Babies Container Carrots, Pot of Gold Container Chard, and Cameo Container Italian Basil, plus a 2-page guide to container growing. It's a $14 collection, which I will mail to the winners. There will be 3 of these Kitchen Garden Collections as prizes.
This is a collection of outstanding varieties especially good in containers.
The contest is open to anyone who is listed as a follower of this blog (or anyone who signs up to follow). All you do to enter is leave a comment. I will draw 3 winners by random selection, from those who have left comments. You will need to check back to see if you have won, because I can't see the name of followers or their email addresses, all I can see is the name you have used when you signed up. I have no way to know who you are, so check back to see if you've won! This contest will end Feb. 1, when the winners will be selected.

Kay Whitlock, holding Home Remedies That Work.
The second contest will run until June 1, 2013. What it entails is I will choose the winner who submits a photo of themselves holding any of my books, the farthest distance from Blue Eye, MO. Where you live is unimportant, where the photo is taken determines the win. So, you might live just 10 miles from Blue Eye, MO, but if you happen to be in Thailand and have someone snap a photo of you holding my book, or in front of the pyramids of Egypt, or in Seattle or NY City, you're going to have a great chance of winning.

The prizes? There are two - a gift certificate for $75 of anything you choose from my website, if you're a non-follower of the blog. If you are listed as a follower on the blog page photos, the prize for you will be a gift certificate for $100, for anything from my website.
Entries from Donna Voigt and Chuck Voigt, holding Homemade Crackers and Home Remedies That Work.
To enter, click on this to email a photo of yourself holding any one of my 26 books. We already have 3 entries, so start taking your photos! You can't win if you don't enter.

19 comments:

Jenny said...

I won't be entering your second contest - I live in Arkansas & won't be travelling any this year. I'm sure you'll get entries farther away than me! But I'd love to win the seeds so please enter me for that. I've been a follower for a long time.

Judy said...

great information
enjoy reading

Bonnie K said...

I'm all for the seeds. I just started vegetable gardening 2 years ago and am hooked on fresh leaf lettuce. I like to try new things. Sorry I don't buy books. I get them from the library.

CyberSyb said...

Love Renee's seeds. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am already primed to plant a garden this spring. In just a little over 2 weeks I will be planting peas. I am hoping this years garden is as good as last years.
Marc

Unknown said...

Hi! I just came across your blog in google+! I would love to win the pack of seeds and book as i am new to gardening and would love them! Please let me know if this qualifies as an entry! Thank you! ~Jessica Schlatzer

Unknown said...

Would LOVE to win these seeds! Thanx!4954

Rose Scarlet said...

I love Renee's Garden seeds! I grew the most beautiful Yarrow (mixed pastels) one year from Renee's Garden seeds. There wre plenty of seeds in the packet and the price was right, too!

Anonymous said...

I have to hurry and leave a comment to enter the seed contest so I can read your other blogs..especially Herb of the Year...and Jim's Recipes...and ooh Ozarks Gardening...bye!

Christine Erickson said...

Love reading your blog! I love using fresh herbs from the garden and enjoy your ideas!

Anonymous said...

Love the Renee's Garden Concept! Am looking forward to planting her seeds.
Marilyn Kelly

Jill said...

Jim, I'm adding Renee's Garden to my seed sources list! Thanks for sharing! Jill

Comfrey Cottages said...

Well I would love winning those seeds... and if I do end up going anywhere, i am sure going to take one of your books with me to enter that contest too. thanks Jim.

Wages said...

Cool ideas, Jim! I best West Plains isn't far enough for #2. Oh well! It's going to be a lot of fun to see what people submit.

Thanks, by the way, for the herbs. They arrived a week or two ago and are of good quality. I can't wait to brew a beer with the orange peel.

Unknown said...

Would LOVE to win these seeds! Thanx!

Unknown said...

I am a Master Gardener
in Kansas City.
This year's project is
to teach classes on
container gardening.
EVERYONE has space for
a garden.
Looking forward to the outcome of the contests.

Thank you.

Dittony said...

Oh Boy Seeds for Containers. Please enter me in the contest!

Thank you, Jim.

Jim Longs Garden said...

And the winners names, drawn from my garden hat are:
Jessica Sclatzer
Yvonne Jenkin
Christine Erickson

Your seed packets will be sent as soon as you send me an email with your mailing address. Thanks to all who entered! (email is Longcreekherbs@yahoo.com)

Comfrey Cottages said...

congratulations to the winners!